We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please!

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canandaigua NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please!

I am planning an unexpected trip to Albuquerque next week. I will arrive mid week and leave prob Sun or Monday. If you have ever heard of the Tour Divide mountain bike race, that would be my purpose! I plan on picking up a few of the finishers at the NM border after they have done their race. I will most likely be in Albuquerque for a day or two before I need to depart to pick up my riders. I am flying in mid day and am renting a car. Not sure where to stay....near the airport? Or somewhere else? I would want a very safe location close to restaurants etc and perhaps close to a few things to do while I am waiting. I don't want to feel as though I am in way unsafe and I also do not want to get lost cruising around in a city! I have never been to NM before and I am very much looking forward to this mini-trip but do not have much planning time!! Thanks in advance!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,783 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please!

I would stay in the Old Town area, Hotel Albuquerque, Best Western both are nice depending on your budget. Lots of shopping, museums, historic sites and restaurants in that area. There isn't much by the airport. Another option would be the Uptown area with plenty of nice chain hotels, some restaurants but none of the local historic feel. It is fairly easy to get from the airport to either location.

www.itsatrip.org

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
894 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please!

Old Town can be dead at night. I'd consider Uptown where the Marriott is. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn, a Sheraton and a Hyatt Place amoung others. The zone has lots of stores and restaurant and life in the evening.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please!

The wife & I in driving the US 20 coast to coast last fall, remember a memorable night ... camping next to the lake, in Cananadaigua & listening to the geese(all night)... I'll suggest driving up to Santa Fe ... We live here & feel it's a lot nicer & traveler friendly place to spend some down time...There is a inexpensive & bicycle friendly Hostel, that might fit your needs ... carracar

Edited: 05 July 2013, 00:50
Silver City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Please!

This post may be too late as it is Tuesday the week you are supposed to arrive in Albuquerque but if you are still thinking about a spot I love the uptown Sheraton. IT HAS GREAT BEDS! super plush pillow tops, and nice well kept pool and a good restaurant. It is close to the mall and uptown which has stores like Apple computers and Coldwater Creek, Chicos- There are exceptional restaurants in the area plus it is located on Louisiana and Menaul not far from I-40 so you can hop down to old town by taking 1-40 west towards Gallup and getting off a Rio Grande Blvd. Once in the old town area there are many museums, the Rio Grand zoo is not too far away. I think they have a planaterrium in the vicinity.

5. Re: Help Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 07:19