We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning trip

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning trip

Hello,

I am trying to plan a trip to New Mexico. Hubby would like to see the Carlsbad Caverns. I would like to visit the Rio grande Nature Center and Bosque Del Apache NWR and to do some birding. If possible I would like to see if we could include the Balloon festival or at least see them from a distance. I saw that a float trip if planned at the right time we could see the balloons.

Is this all possible in a weeks time, flying into Albuquerque and renting a car. I would need to find hotels close to these places I mentioned. Also, we do not mind driving big distances, we have been on many road trips.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
470 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning trip

ABQ is not a very big city and you can see it all for sure in a week. The best place to stay to be in the center of it all would either be downtown or Old Town. I often see balloons in the air when I am driving down I-25 or I-40 and it often between 6-8am. I personally never been to Carlsbad so I don't know where it is exactly but a week is plenty of time to explore the Rio Grande, Sandia (Peak Tramway), Balloon Festival Park, Balloon Fiesta Museum, Downtown, Uptown, even Santa Fa (it's only 45 minutes outside of ABQ). Driving around is also pretty easy. Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 14 July 2013, 16:16
2. Re: Need help planning trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17