We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
900 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

Pretty much what the subject asks. I'll be gallivanting around NM in a couple of weeks, and it'd be easier on my load if I can get items (and I'm talking about food and maybe kid-things here, not turquoise jewelry) before I head out. Some airports are reliable for regional specialties, and others aren't. Just thought I'd be safe and ask the question beforehand. I'm flying Delta if that matters. Thanks!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

There are some decent kiosks and shops. There is NM foodstuff and candy as well as some pottery, textiles and the like as well as kid stuff [minerals, books etc] so you should be ok.

The airport is small. You will depart from B area, walk over to A gates, for the candy/food kiosks; it's not too far down from the food court which separates the 2 areas. There "may" be similar ones in B area, I don't usually leave from those gates, so I am more familiar with A gate area.

Edited: 07 September 2013, 15:35
Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

For what it's worth: over the past ten years, I have purchased at least five different New Mexico t-shirts at the airport gift shop in ABQ (most of them for myself).

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

A couple hours in the Albuquerque "Old Town" area would yield better choice & prices ... carracar

4. Re: Is ABQ airport good for souvenirs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 06:20