We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

Blue Hill, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

My wife and I drove 2100 miles within NM about 10 years ago. Loved it and we want to do similar with our kids (4/6 yrs old). We are planning a 2-week trip in Feb 2014 and we are thinking of dedicating 6-7 days of it "on the go" hitting sites of interest, etc. We are exploring renting a small RV to give ourselves some additional independence (eating, bathroom, etc.) but don't plan on sleeping in it (except for remote sites). The other 2-3 days of the trip we might be interested in a cool dude ranch or something similar that kids would love.

We appreciate your input. Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

February is winter in most of New Mexico and RV's most likely will be winterized so no bathroom. Santa Fe will be winter and high chance of snow. Not sure if there are any dude ranches open then. Check dude ranches near Tucson or Phoenix az.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,704 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

If your flying into Albuquerque... See the town & spend a day or two in Santa Fe ... I suggest you then, spend the rest of your visit in the Southern portion of the State ... As above, the RV idea is a non starter ... carracar

Edited: 04 November 2013, 03:27
Blue Hill, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

Well, we wanted to avoid the crowds so I guess we are in luck! As far as the dude ranch (do they still call them that?) we were just interested in getting the kids on horses. Maybe we can find that down south. Thanks.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

Broken Saddle in Cerrillos would work for trail ride.

5. Re: New Mexco Road Trip February 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:18