We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

Hi,

Does T-Mobile provide good service in New Mexico? We will be in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos and points inbetween. (I'll never forget arriving in Denver and trying to meet a friend with no cell phone service!)

Thanks,

Spirit

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

I have friends/colleagues with T-Mobile, works most places. Even my Virgin Mobile works all over Abq and Santa Fe. The areas between Santa Fe and Taos may not have the best service.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

Before I travel to a new location I check http://opensignal.com/ for an idea of cell coverage. In my experience, the coverage in rural areas is slightly better than the heat map indicates.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

This is timely - I am thinking of switching from verizon to T Mobile. The unlimited aspects are very appealing, as is the free international text, data and $.20 phone calls.

I had T Mobile when I first moved to NM in 2001. I can't remember how service was, but it was a whole different ball game back then, no text or data on phones.

The biggest hold back for me is that my husband spends about a week per month up in Cortez CO and I am not sure how the coverage would be for his phone while up there.

Any other input?

4. Re: Does T-Mobile provide good service in ABQ, Santa Fe, & Taos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19