We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

Our condo is changing rates for the better, but I don't know if we can take advantage of them because we already booked.

But We can get better rates at a next door Aston Property that is all oceanfront. (Mahana) That one would be less expensive than the one we have currently. It would be considered an upgrade, though in the Costco Travel Section, it's a lesser hotel.

(Moderate plus, versus Moderate)

I am very conrfused. If they won't honor their current rate, should I move to the Mahana to get a better rate?

THey say there is some construction next door to the Mahana, but it is an all ocean front condo. Is it terrible?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

Wrong forum you may get better reponse on Maui forum!

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

Aloha!

BOTH properties are nice.

Kaanapali Shores has an on-site restaurant and more extensive, pretty grounds. They also have little shops and a prettier lobby.

Mahana offers you some of the best oceanfront views on the island. So, if a breathtaking view is what you want, you should go with the Mahana. If you want the ability to go down to the lobby and eat at a restaurant, then Kaanapali Shores is for you.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

Why, thank you. It's a small world.

MBrown

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

I realize I am on the wrong island. 'scuse me. I am not even sure what island I am on. I don't know how I got here... *grin*

But Bryan has really answered my questons beautifully. Thanks

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

I agree that the Mahana is a great property. And to answer your unasked question, go ahead and see if you can get the lower rates. I did the same for my condo this month and the owner said "No problem".

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

I have to wait til Tuesday to get an answer. If they will not let us change an existiing reservation, I will "upgrade to two bedrooms, ocean view" which would be a "new" order, and as seniors, we get an upgrade to a better view, which are ocean front. THey don't have ocean front one bedrooms. comes out even less than a one bedroom.

Porter, TX
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

I have had reservations for Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel & Aston Mahana since Feb...our trip is in Nov. Both hotels have changed rates for the better & I was allowed to have my rates adjusted both times.

8. Re: Which is better, the Aston Kaanapali Shores? Mahana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Honaunau