We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Early June

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Early June

Planning on visiting to see the Redwood National Park in Early June. What is the weather like? How much time would I need to enjoy the sights? Planning on getting down to Fort Braggs by the afternoon if possible.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,113 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Early June

If you're planning to go from Crescent City to Fort Bragg in about half a day, you won't have much time to do anything other than drive along 101. It's about 5 hours drive time.

I'd recommend you take Newton Drury scenic parkway, south of Klamath Calif. It will add about 20-30 minutes but is worth it. Once you cross the bridges, the highway becomes freeway. About 3-4 miles on you'll see the exit for Newton Drury. Don't miss it, as it's the only one. This will take you onto old Highway 101 (I remember it well!) that is now a quiet, pleasant drive that winds through thousands of giant redwoods. There are places to stop and walk under the trees. At the south end, you'll be directed back on to present-day 101, which is again a two lane highway.

Do take time to see Battery Point lighthouse in Crescent City.

Expect pleasant enough weather, temps around 60º or so, chance of light rain, probably cloudy but maybe only in the mornings. The weather gets drier and warmer the farther south you go.

2. Re: Weather in Early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 19:15