We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for drive from Estes to DIA

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for drive from Estes to DIA

I am looking for suggestions for the day we leave Estes heading toward DIA. After we check out on Thursday what would be a good route to get to DIA that would include things to see or stops along the way. We are staying close to DIA for an early Friday flight so I would like to find something to do along the way on Tuesday. Are there any scenic routes that lead to DIA or other places to see? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Estes
Hotel Estes
420 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
2 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for drive from Estes to DIA

What's your time of year? A very scenic route would be to take the Peak to Peak highway south from Estes Park to Allenspark and Nederland, then head into Boulder for dinner before heading to Denver. When you head to the airport, avoid getting onto the E-470 toll road.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Winston Salem...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for drive from Estes to DIA

Jumping in on this post...hope it's OK. We will be in Estes Park on Sat. Oct. 21 - Oct. 23. Have a flight out of DIA on Tuesday morning Oct. 24. I've made note of the route you suggest leaving Estes. Can I ask what's a good alternative to avoid the toll road leaving Boulder & heading to DIA?

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Hotel Estes
Hotel Estes
420 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
Reply to: Suggestions for drive from Estes to DIA