We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

My grandparents are celebrating their 50th anniversary next summer and are taking the whole family on vacation to Estes Park. We have all been there many times but never together.

We are in search of a condo/cabin/vacation home that will sleep 12+ adults comfortably (5 couples and a couple of adult children). We would like it to be spacious so we are together but not crammed in on top of one another all the time.

Our dream location would be...

not in town

quiet location

mountain views

river/stream

hot tub

easy access to RMNP

not in Big Thompson Canyon

I have already done some searching online (estes-park.com, vrbo.com) and would like some specific recommendations.

Thanks for your help!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,424 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

I would suggest the Windcliff area.

Here is a description: Windcliff is a private mountainside residential community covering the sunny side of Rams Horn Mountain. It is located on the boundary of Rocky Mountain National Park and is at the center of a 180 degree arc of dramatic National Park peaks. This mountain panorama will stand toe to toe with any mountain vista in North America.

Go to this website: http://www.windcliff.com/rates.html

There are several homes that will accommodate 12 people.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

Have you checked out vrbo.com? Or some of the property management firms-www.keytoestespark.com & www.ponderosainc.com.

Good luck!

Sue

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

Glacier Lodge might fit the bill. They have individual cabins and a few very large ones to accomodate groups. I don't know if they have a hot tub. They do have a pool.

Another possibility--www.vrbo.com/138908. We have stayed here and it's wonderful--sleeps at least 12. No hot tub , but everything else you mentioned.

Sue

Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

Take a look at Glacier Lodge... they have several large group facilities... not in town... located on the river 1.5 miles to RMNP... not in Big Thompson Canyon... have a pool... no hot tub. www.glacierlodge.com.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. My grandparents were in Estes last week on vacation and had the opportunity to check out several places. They have booked Mont Blanc Chalet, which is listed on vrbo and has its own website as well. They were very impressed with the beauty and the cleanliness of the place, and we are all very excited to go next summer. I will be sure to write a review of it when we get back.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

A friend of ours always takes their family to stay at the YMCA of the Rockies. Everyone just loves it! They had ten in their group.

7. Re: Estes Park lodging for 12+ adults summer 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 10:18