We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buyer Beware of Bighorn "Lodge" stay at your own risk!

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Buyer Beware of Bighorn "Lodge" stay at your own risk!

I posted a hotel review but thought I would share my horrible experience with them. My sister and I stay in Estes park many times a year (3-5 times a year). We were booking on a budget and it looked decent enough. Boy were we wrong. Its anything but a "lodge". Its a dirty rundown hotel with outdated carpet, furnature and other items in the room. The mattresses were saggy. Nothing matched (which usually isn't a big deal) but had a funny smell. The sheets were not fitted and had tar or ink stains and holes in them and looked like they weren't washed and had dead crushed bugs in them. And that was the clean part. The bathroom looked "ok" at first but when you turned around and shut the door it was aweful. There was pubic hair (kid you not!) stuck on the wall and looked like someone had peed on the wall where it has stayed for several days.

The office is closed between 9pm and 6am and no way to get ahold of anyone or I would have demanded a refund. Plus they had already charged our credit card that day. I went in the next day (only stayed one night thankfully) to check out and went to had the lady the key and instead of listening to me politely tell her there were some "issues" that they needed to take care of she took the key and walked away and shut the door to the room behind the desk. I've never been treated so rudely in my life.

So please please don't stay ther!!! Other than that I love Estes Park and go there several times a year.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buyer Beware of Bighorn "Lodge" stay at your own risk!

OH MY, How Awful, yuck!! Good thing this was not your first experience.

For this exact reason, I always get the key, go in and look at the place before my husband even turns the car engine off! It has helped me negotiate a new room and a refund in the past.

So sorry to hear the people were rude too, that is not a typical Coloradan!!

2. Re: Buyer Beware of Bighorn "Lodge" stay at your own risk!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park