We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Estes Park

Sporster2003
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Estes Park

I am not familiar with the area at all and need restaurant suggestions......

First of all breakfast:

Lunch

Dinner....great place for steaks.....and also best place for mountain stream trout.

Thanks in advance.....looking forward to a few days in the mountains. My first trip.

Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
622 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

Steak Dinner: Twin Owls Restaurant

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

For breakfast try the Egg and I 393 Elkhorn Ave.

I was really happy there!

Also had a good breakfast at Nicky's

Read reviews under "restaurant" section.

Lots of options for lunch.

The Brewery is fun....

Sundeck for trout.

Twin Owls is best in area for dinner.

~SRQgirl

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

For breakfast you can also try Mountain Home Cafe located in Upper Stanley Village. They are under new ownership and the breakfast is very good. I have heard mixed reviews about The Bighorn but the locals seem to enjoy it.

I agree with the other posts that the Twin Owls Steakhouse is very nice. The ambience is wonderful. You could also try The Dunraven (off Hwy 66) for steaks as well. Don't be deterred because it is an Italian restaurant. They do grilled meat very, very well. The Sundeck for trout for sure.

Lunch...you could try The Baldpate (soup and salad only) or maybe Poppys in Barlow Plaza. Oh and you could do the Sundeck for lunch as well. They have a very large lunch menu that in fact, you can order off all day. Also, let's not forget about Smokin' Daves for some good hamburgers or BBQ for lunch or dinner.

I would highly recommend reservations for any of the places for dinner.... Regardless of number in party.

Have fun!

Sporster2003
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

Thanks a lot....this helps.

CA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

We had an awesome steak dinner at Twin Owls. I highly recommend it.

Two quick tips-

First, the peppered steak (maybe it's the NY Strip, I don't remember) is VERY peppery, and while very good, not for everyone.

Second, we found a coupon for a free appetizer at Twin Owls the day after we ate there-- look for an Estes Park brochure that is about a half dozen pages long, maybe a tan cover. We found the brochure at the Sundeck Restaurant, and we did use several other coupons we found in it.

Have a great trip!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

Here are our favorites--

MARY’S LAKE LODGE-(2 miles up Mary’s Lake Rd)—Our favorite for ambience, food and prices. The Tavern restaurant and the pricier Chalet restaurant. Lunch & Dinner

SWEET BASILICO-(on Riverside by the Fun Park)-Great pizza. Carry out or eat in.

Smokin Dave’s BBQ (Moraine Ave)

The Egg and I-(NW corner of Hwy 36 and 34 intersection)-Great breakfast and lunch

Notchtop Café (next to True Value)-Great breakfast and bagels

MORE EXPENSIVE-

Twin Owls Steakhouse at the Black Canyon Inn-(McGregor Ave)-Nice historic atmosphere

Orlando’s—(Elkhorn, above the Wheel Bar)-- good steaks

The View Restaurant at Crags Lodge-(On the hill to the south of Sweet Basilico)- Wonderful old historic lodge and probably the best view.

Private balcony tables for two, overlooking Estes. Great on a warm night.

The Stanley Hotel

Sue

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
303 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

Lunch/casual dinner:

Smokin' Dave's BBQ and Taphouse, 820 Moraine Ave (970) 577-7427

Decent BBQ-- won't dare claim it's "best ever," but it's solid. Might want to go when it's not heart of mealtimes if you're starving or want immediate seating. When we went, 1-ish on Father's Day, we had appx. 20-min wait. Tolerable for the adults, but near-maddening since we had our famished and tired 6-year-old.

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

FYI --

I could be wrong since I did not eat there but I don't think Orlando's open any more. It is now called the Riverside Cafe or something. I don't think the place was the same after Tandy (the chef) left. He is now at the Dunraven cooking up wonderful steaks.

Sporster2003
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

I'll look for the coupon book....Estes Chamber of Commerece is sending me info....maybe it will be in there too.

Seems like Twin Owls is pretty popular.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
139 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Estes Park

We had lunch 2 days in a row at Sweet Basilico- awesome!!!! Pizza and pastas

Our favorite place for dinner was The View at Craig's Lodge. I think I had the best Salmon I have ever eaten. It was stuffed with avocado and cream cheese and the sweet potato was to die for.