We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins close to RMNP

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida
Level Contributor
266 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins close to RMNP

We'll be traveling March 26 to the 29th with three adults and four children. Would like to stay in a cabin with a wood fire place, great views and easy access to the park. Kids have never seen snow and would like to take them sled riding and other activities, Children are from 7 to 11. Would appreciate suggestions for places to stay and where to rent sleds?

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
379 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins close to RMNP

This house would be a tight fit, but the location cannot be beat. Less than 2 miles from the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center

http://www.vrbo.com/130971

The master bedroom has a queen bed, the alcove has a twin, the upstairs loft has a double bed and a double futon. The dining room table only seats 6. There is a wood burning fire place in the family room. Seating would probably be an issue with only a couch and one chair. The owners of this property live in Estes Park year round and are so wonderful.

I cannot say enough great things about this house, but I do fear that for your group it will be a bit small. But perhaps this will lead you to other VRBO properties.

Good luck!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins close to RMNP

How much are you willing to spend? I have stayed in a wonderful place but it is $250 a night. It's www.vrbo.com/138908. There are about 100 other cabins on that site as well so you should be able to find something to fit the bill.

Sue

TX
Level Contributor
156 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins close to RMNP

If you've got kids check out YMCA of the Rockies (www.ymcarockies.org/home/our-locations/EPC) meets all your criteria and then some. Its been a few years since we were there for spring break but I'm pretty sure you could get ice skates for a deposit, and snowshoes(?), pretty sure cross country skis had a fee. Don't know about sleds, there were some people had left behind we used.

4. Re: Cabins close to RMNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 16:25