We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on great breakfast spots

Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on great breakfast spots

We will be in Estes Park in August and would love recommendations on great places to get breakfast. It will be for adults and school age kids so it needs to be family friendly, though not necessarily a place with a lot of toddlers, just not a place for adults only. Looking for great food since we will do our other meals at the condo. Would love a place that opened pretty early too and hopefully not horribly expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

I would highly recommend the Egg and I for breakfast.

~SRQgirl

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

As mentioned, the Egg & I is very good. Depending on the time of morning you hit it, there can be a pretty long wait. Two other highly recommended breakfast places are Big Horn (on the west end of downtown Estes Park) and the Mountaineer (on Hwy 7, aka St Vrain Ave.).

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

Our best 3 meals were at the Egg & I.

Parking in the front, very easy.

Great service, large menu for breakfast and lunch.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
672 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

The Egg and I is very good, though it's a chain restaurant and when I'm traveling, I like to eat at places that are unique and can't be found elsewhere. For breakfast, I love the Other Side restaurant (http://www.theothersideofestes.com) and the Sundeck (www.sundeckrestaurant.com). They're practically across the street from each other. The Sundeck opens at 7:30 and is very moderately priced. The Other Side serves breakfast every day and does a great Sunday brunch as well.

Another idea would be to go in the country market which is attached to the Other Side restaurant. They sell Schmidt's bakery items and everything is to die for. Since you're in a condo, you could pick up some doughnuts or coffee cake and have it in your place one morning.

Hope this helps!

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

Big Horn. Very family friendly, great breakfasts, affordable.

Mentioned in this post
Big Horn Restaurant
Big Horn Restaurant
1,178 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
florida
Level Contributor
459 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

Try Notchchop Cafe and Mountian Cafe (both in Stanley Village by Safeway)

Mentioned in this post
Stanley Hotel
Stanley Hotel
2,834 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
7. Re: Advice on great breakfast spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 05:16