We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it Exist?

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
madison, fl
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does it Exist?

I will be in Estes Park the last week of September. I am looking for a cabin on a river that is somewhat isolated. In viewing pictures and reading discriptions of places listed on the internet it appears that most cabin locations are surround by other cabin locations or motels or some other developement. I am not interested in the YMCA so that is out. I would perfer the west or southwest side of town. Is my nirvana out there?

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
598 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it Exist?

I don't know much about Estes Park, but have had good luck with VRBOs. Maybe something like http://www.vrbo.com/40729 would work for you?

I think looking at a privately owned cabin might be what you are looking for -- versus a cabin/motel compound.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it Exist?

Or www.vrbo.com/138908. How far away is far enough? This cabin is, I would say, about 100-150' from the neighboring cabins and they seemed to be unoccupied when we were there.

Sue

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it Exist?

Just a heads up... most of the EP cabins along the river tend to be right next to the road. Just thought I would mention that so you are not disappointed - maybe it will not matter to you.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it Exist?

The eastern area of the state is more populated and there is less chance that you will find an affordable isolated cabin that time of the year that isn't already booked (it will be hunting season, the aspen are turning and the elk are in rut in RMNP). Many of the cabins have minimum stays of 2+ nights and it is still the high season so rates have not dropped yet. You might have to lower your expectations to find something that meets your needs. By the way, what happened to the plan you had been working on for years on this forum that didn't include Estes Park? Has everything changed?

Edited: 04 August 2010, 02:34
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it Exist?

Cabins along the river do tend to be next to the road--Hwy 34 in the Big Thompson Canyon, Fall River Rd, Moraine Ave, Riverside Drive-- but some roads are busier than others.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it Exist?

You might also want to try the Grand Lake side of the park. You might find something over there a little more isolated.

7. Re: Does it Exist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 05:17