We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Rai, Thailand
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

If you had a choice to stay one night in either estes park or boulder colorado..what would be our choice?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

When are you coming? If before Labor Day (September 5), one night stays in Estes Park are hard to find and you will pay peak season rates. Boulder is beautiful, interesting and a unique urban city with plenty of shopping, lodging and restaurants. Estes Park is a small mountain town next to Rocky Mountain National Park and entertains thousands of tourists in the summer. From Labor Day to June 15, I would stay in Estes Park in a nice condo or vacation home or cabin. From June 15 to Labor Day, I would go with Boulder unless I was visiting RMNP and wanted to be close for the convenience.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,720 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

I'd go with Boulder too. Preferably the St. Julien

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
624 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

Depends on your priorities. If you prefer better restaurants and shops, go to Boulder. If you prefer better scenery and wildlife (outdoorsy sorts of stuff) go to Estes.

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
305 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

Agreed, it depends on your priorities. I would rather be close to RMNP. Boulder is pretty, but a bit too yuppie for me personally.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

Dont know much about Boulder (except for the bad things I hear) but I've been to Estes Park once in the winter time and it was one of if not the best vacations I ever had. Of course Estes is a summer town so when we went it was pretty dead which was just what I needed. Beautiful scenery with little crowds. Only problem is much of the town shuts down for the winter so a lot of restaurants and shops are closed or close early but there's still lots of tourist shops and other restaurants open, especially during the weekend. Rocky Mountain National Park is right there. You can't go wrong staying at The Stanley Hotel. I could die there.

Colorado
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

What sort of bad things have you heard about Boulder? I enjoy visiting Boulder... it's a neat town. We were there last week with some company from Texas and they thought it was a lot like Austin, but with nicer weather (not as hot).

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
412 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

Also curious about negative feedback re: Boulder? I began my Colorado life in Boulder (post college) and still own a house in Boulder county. Boulder is a great place to visit.

8. Re: lodging in estes park or boulder colorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:18