We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Estes Park

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Estes Park

Please recommend restaurants that serve tasty food at reasonable prices.

I would like to know some less expensive places for everyday lunches and/or dinners. Also a nicer but not too expensive place (entrees about $20 - $25) for a Friday night dinner. Thanks.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Estes Park

Ed's Cantina, Poppy's, Nepal's, Wapiti, Thai Kitchen, Smokin' Dave's BBQ area few that come to mind for your 'everyday' category.

For the Friday night dinner, consider Twin Owls Steakhouse (they have added several menu items that are lower in price compared to the filet), Mary's Lake Lodge and The View Restaurant at Crags Lodge.

There are a lot of posts concerning dining in Estes Park. I'd imagine that you could find a lot of info with a little searching.

Enjoy your trip!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Estes Park

Breakfast and lunch (soups, salads, sandwiches) The Egg and I or Mountain Home Cafe

Good lunch specials (avoid the seafood platter) The Other Side Restaurant

Lunch and dinner (comfortable food at comfortable prices) Peak to Peak American Grille

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Estes Park

The Rock Inn for dinner.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Estes Park

I thought Dunravens was very good (we ended up eating there twice during out short stay).

For lunches, if you are heading into RMNP, plan on picnicing.

florida
Level Contributor
459 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Estes Park

Best breakfast in Estes is Molly B's.

Solid pub food/burger spot @ Wapiti or Grub Steak (I am addicted to the shrimp cigars). Deleo's deli make a great sandwich. The View @ Crags is a good dinner spot. Hunter's Lodge, Thai Kitchen, Nepali and Smokin Daves are all solid (as Rky pointed out). New Thai/Vietnamese spot next to post office named Pho Thai was tasty on my one visit.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Estes Park

I enjoyed Pho Thai the one time I went, too. New restaurant located right next to the post office. We're luck to have 2 good Thai places in such a small town.

7. Re: Dining in Estes Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park