We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RMNP Trail Conditions

Kansas City
Level Contributor
333 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
RMNP Trail Conditions

Any good links for up to date trail conditions? Looking for reports from people who have recently been hiking, something that is updated fairly frequently. Thanks!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,607 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

nps.gov/romo/…trail_conditions.htm

I know there are some hiking forums, I just can't think of the names right now. If I remember I will post the links.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,607 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

Here's one of the forums I was thinking of:

rmnpforums.com/forums/…

Edited: 18 May 2012, 02:07
Kansas City
Level Contributor
333 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

Thanks for the links. Sounds like there isn't nearly as much snow as a year ago.

Dayton, Texas
Level Contributor
324 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

I hiked the East Inlet trail this past Monday and the North Inlet trail today (western side of the park near Grand Lake). East Inlet was snow-free for the first 5.5 miles (up to Lone Pine Lake) but there were lots of fallen trees to get around. North Inlet was snow-free for at least 3.5 miles and the fallen trees had been cleared. It's probably clear much further on, but I only went as far as Cascade Falls. Last year at this time, both of these trails weren't even passable due to the snow. I'm betting that trails on the eastern side of the park are even better.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,607 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

>>Thanks for the links. Sounds like there isn't nearly as much snow as a year ago.<<

Correct. Least amount of snow in 30 years. Trail Ridge Road opened on Monday 10 days ahead of schedule. Last year it opened June 6.

6. Re: RMNP Trail Conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:40