We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

My friends and I were originally scheduled to visit Estes Park in May. However, we had to cancel and have rescheduled for the end of July. We are happy to know the free shuttle service will be available. I'm wondering if someone can offer assistance on mapping out the places we want to go by using the shuttle. We will be staying at the Silver Moon Inn and plan on visiting Snowy Peaks Winery, the Stanley Hotel for the Night Tour, and a little shopping and dining. Is there a website showing which shuttle routes we'd need to take and where the pick up and drop off areas are located?

We'd love to take an afternoon to see some scenic views in RMNP but we're confused on how to go about it. Private tour, shuttle bus or trying it ourselves. We're renting a van and driving in from Kansas City. Since gas prices are so high, we'd like to be able to just park the van once we get to our hotel and use available transportation.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/assistance!

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Here's info on the free shuttle around town: colorado.gov/cs/…1251596779393. Click on the '2012 Shuttle Map' link at the bottom of the page for a map detailing the various colored routes.

I really recommend using your rental for getting around in RMNP. You will have MUCH more flexibility as far as time and destination.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,552 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

I just answered a similar question. Here is the link. Rky is correct. Use your rental. Do not miss Trail Ridge Road. See the link for more detail.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143048-i3489-k558…

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,020 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

definitely use your rental for the park .. and go in the morning , not an afternoon. if you go at first light , you will see the by far greatest number of animals and the mornings tend to be clear for awesome views and gorgeous pictures. in the afternoons , you are almost guaranteed clouds and might be dodging the occasional storm .. and the animals will be resting

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Thanks for the responses. rky, I'm getting an error code when I click on the link you provided. fyi1989, your info on the other post looks like what I'm looking for as far as touring RMNP. I will go to those links and study them a bit more closely. Spammie, thanks for the tip on going in the morning...I would have never known!

Still looking for info on the free shuttles in Estes Park. We'd like to be able to take one from our hotel to the winery and the Stanley and for shopping and dining. Do the shuttles pick up at hotels?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,552 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Here is the link rky gave you for shuttle info.

colorado.gov/cs/…1251596779393

I checked and my link works.

Edited: 15 July 2012, 21:48
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,552 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

I do want to add Estes Park is a small town. It is less than 1/2 mile from Silver Moon Inn to Snowy Peaks Winery with no hills to climb.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

This link works for me fyi1989, thanks. And thanks for letting me know Estes Park is that small of a town...it really helps to know this.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Sorry for the bad link . . . glad you got the info in the end. If you are staying at Silver Moon, you will be able to walk to anything downtown pretty easily.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

No problem rky. It's good to know we're close to a lot by staying at the Silver Moon.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation/Free Shuttle/Tours

Another question...Will we need to purchase a RMNP pass in order to travel via Trail Ridge to Grand Lake and back?