We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Help

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging Help

We are attending a wedding next March/Apr in Estes Park either Sprague Lake or Bear Lake. I was looking for suggestions on lodging in this area. Thx

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Help

Pretty much any lodging in Estes Park will be convenient to the wedding in RMNP. The reviews on Trip Advisor are pretty accurate. It will depend on your preference for lodging type, if you have a certain budget you prefer, maybe even a place close to the reception - if there is to be one in Estes Park. Let us know a little more about what you're looking for and perhaps we can toss in our two cent's worth.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Help

I hope the bride to be realizes this will most likely be a wedding on snowshoes.

www.estesparkcvb.com has good summaries of lodging options with links to websites. You will see Estes has plenty of choices--hotels, condos, vacation homes, cabins, B&B's. March and April are low season and lodging rates will be reduced and there may be special offers.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Help

We very much enjoyed our stay in the Comfort Inn in Estes Park. It was a nice location, in town. We had the scenery of the mtns. around but were not surrounded by nature at this location being right in town. I don't recall the room number but there's a neat room with three windows on one end of the Inn (the front right most part of the building) that we were lucky enough to stay in. It made for a more unique stay, with nice views as well. We only wish we could have spent more time in the room but it's such a beautiful area we were enjoying that thoroughly as well.

http://www.estescomfortinn.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60945-d83183-R…

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT (my review)

There's some similar rooms with more than one window (fireplace room featured on their website, see picture).

Edited: 04 October 2012, 16:36
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Help

Hatchpal, the Comfort Inn is NOT open year round. They are closed from the end of October to around mid-April. Unless the wedding is after mid-April, the Comfort Inn will not be an option.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging Help

I had not realize that tidbit, thanks fv1989 for clarifying!

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging Help

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will check out the websites. Comfort Inn sounded perfect although I am thinking it will not be open at this time. First time of going to a destination wedding so really new at this. Thanks again

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging Help

As rky said, if you have any questions once you start looking, just ask. Rky lives there and I am only about an hour away so we know the area well. March and April can have lots of snow but Estes and RMNP do a great job of keeping the roads plowed. There are properties with beautiful locations, views and lovely grounds. When you look at reviews, do not limit your search to hotels. Cabins and condos are usually under "Specialty Lodging."

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging Help

Can either of you suggest cabin with a scenic view. That would be great.

I am invisioning maybe snowy scenic mountain tops with maybe a fireplace , indoor pool, hottub. Am I asking for to much?

Thanks

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging Help

Well, you may have to decide which of those items is most important. The closest match may be Streamside on Fall River although the indoor pool is just a swim spa.

The Estes Park Resort (not cabins) has an indoor pool and great views. Do not laugh, but more on the rustic scale, the cabins at the YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center have great views and there is an indoor pool. At www.estesparkcvb.com one of the webcams is from the Y. Rky will taboo the Y due to a very bad experience with day camp. Look at the reviews. In town, Murphy's River Lodge (not cabins) has an indoor pool.

Great mountain views and hot tubs--the very nice vacation homes at Windcliff qualify. Stonebrook has cabins with private hot tubs. The views are more intimate not expansive. Fall River Cabins is an option.

When you check reviews here on TA, be sure to look at traveler photos as well. Often times travelers do a better job of showing you the view than the photos on the property websites do.

People have had good success with www.vrbo.com as well.

Edited: 05 October 2012, 19:57
Bridge City, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging Help

you may want to check out riverwood condos on fall river road. its our favorite. may want to purchase a rocky discount card. cost this year 2012 $10. good for 1 physical yr. many restaurants & stores honor this card. lunch for 5 & we saved $7.80 & that was just on our first day.

Get answers to your questions about Estes Park