We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fawn Valley Inn

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fawn Valley Inn

Hello.....Spending a few days in March in Estes Park and looking for more personalized experiences at Fawn Valley Inn. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fawn Valley Inn

I have not stayed in any of the units (condos) at Fawn Valley Inn but have toured several of them when looking for investment property in Estes Park. As is common with many of the condos in Estes Park, units are often individually owned and overseen by a property manager. It is up to the owner to update and furnish the unit. This can create differences in not only the furniture but the appliances, bathrooms, painting and even carpet. Carpet is usually covered by the HOA fees but not always. Fawn Valley Inn is an older propety built in 1967. Rocky Mountain Resorts has a good reputation as property managers and they are encouraging all the owners at Fawn Valley Inn to update and upgrade. Some have and some have not. I believe this accounts for the disparity in reviews here on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60945-d278883-…

Do note that you can always inquire about a review by contacting the author of the review by using the TA link at the bottom of the review. Also note the traveler photos posted on the review page.

At the link below, Rocky Mountain Resorts shows you photos of the units.

rockymtnresorts.com/fawn-valley-inn/…

To give you an idea of the disparity that can occur between units, these are links to 3 units (206, 205, 288) at Fawn Valley Inn for sale. The pictures tell the tale.

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2760-F…

As for location, Fawn Valley Inn is very, very close to the Fall River Entrance to RMNP. The condos are located below the level of Fall River Road in a hollow (in a good way) along the river.

I think your experience at Fawn Valley Inn will be fine if you book a remodeled unit. Also note the location of the unit in reference to the river. The property managers at Rocky Mountain Resorts will help you.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
619 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fawn Valley Inn

agree with fv1989 completely on this. Fawn Valley Inn is a good choice as long as you get one of the updated units. I, too, have toured most of their units.

With the RMR website, you can see photos and get a full description for each unit they manage. Not only the Fawn Valley Inn property but also one of the various other properties they manage. They most recently took over marys Lake Lodge. As many locals or frequent visitors know, there was a lot of, turmoil (that's the nice way of putting it I'd say), at Marys Lake Lodge. Their HOA hired RMR in place of old management and the long process of reghting the ship has started. Like FVI, Marys Lake Lodge gets some bum reviews mainly due to problems with reservations taken from the old management and the older 'historic' lodge rooms.

As a company, I have been impressed by my interactions with RMR staff and management. I believe their commitment to providing a good service to their guests is strong and if anyone has problems they can be resolved if reported to the staff. I have noticed they tend to keep more of a local year-round staff which does make a difference in the level of service, in my opinion.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide and how you enjoy your stay!

3. Re: Fawn Valley Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:16