We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

United States
Level Contributor
433 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

Hey guys! :)

I know there is a Safeway in Estes, but is there anywhere on the way to Estes that we can stop for beer. We are looking for a nice selection of craft brews that we can't get at home. I remember stopping at a liquor store at the beginning of Estes, but I am vague on the variety. I am hoping to pick up a Growler at Great Divide before heading to Estes, but we would like to stock up on bombers for the cabin as well. We are taking 34 into Estes.

Thanks for any input!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

http://www.liquormax.net/

On highway 34 in Loveland on your way to Estes Park. This is not my area of expertise but this place shows up on all the "best places to buy beer" in the area lists.

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/53

United States
Level Contributor
433 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

Thank you, fv1989 :) I will keep a look out for that location!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,287 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

If you are headed through Boulder, then Liquor Mart is huge! Also Superior Liquors on US36 at Superior exit. Most larger liquor stores have plenty of local micro brews. Have fun!

florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

If buying once in Estes is an option, Rambo's Liquors on 34 has a nice selection of craft brew.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

I know you are on Hwy 34, maybe on the way out you can leave on Hwy 36, as in Lyons there is an Oskar Blues brewpub that is awesome http://www.oskarblues.com/

If you are traveling north on I-25 out of Denver, near the intersection of Colorado Hwy 7 and I-25 is Daveco Liquors, (the largest liquor store in the world, they claim). I personally can attest they have many Colorado Micro brews for purchase there. http://www.daveco-liquors.com

There is a brewery in Estes Park http://www.epbrewery.com/

and don't forget to check out the interactive beer map at beerdrinkersguidetocolorado.com/beermap.html

United States
Level Contributor
433 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

Oskar Blues is on the list! I'm trying to figure how to work it in. We may just go for one night while in Estes. I will take a look at Daveco Liquors. It is on the route so why not! Who can pass up the biggest selection. Plus we may swing by Big Beaver and then Liquor Max in Loveland. Lol we should be covered :) thanks to everyone!!

United States
Level Contributor
433 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

Also, we tried Estes Brewery last time and will definitely make a pass by there again :) We tried it before we really got into beer so we are very curious to try it again!

Arvada, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Boulder
Level Contributor
935 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

There is also an Oskar Blues in Longmont - and a separate tasting room as well and they just opened up another joint in Longmont that is a burger joint.

Lefthand is also in Longmont - you could do a bit of a tasting tour!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

And if you want to check out a good assortment of Colorado Craft Beers while you are in Estes for a night or more - The Wapiti downtown, or The Water Front Grille - next to Lake Estes both have very good assortments of Colorado Brewed Beers for sale - that way you can try some from several breweries in a row.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
646 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Store with Craft Brews on the way to Estes

Did I miss a possibly useful heads-up? Colorado is one of those states where supermarkets sell 3.2 beer only (and don't prominently label this). Unless you're interested in doing research on the impact of the 3.2 process on microbrews (some outfits make it), you want to buy from a proper liquor store...

Besides the places mentioned by timo, there are tons of tap rooms operated by the microbreweries in the area. Avery and Boulder Beer are two in Boulder. Coopersmiths is a longstanding brewpub in Ft. Collins. Previous posters have mentioned others..

Then again, there are the chains. Rock Bottom, Old Chicago, Walnut and some others have become a bit more "industrial" at least in their management. And the industrial macro breweries have responded stealthily with their own "micro-style" products like Blue Moon (MillerCoors) and Shock Top (ABusch). So if you're really after micro brews, I'm sure you'll only partake of such things if you want to...

Edited: 21 April 2013, 00:39
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park