We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

Hi all, my husband and I will be arriving in Estes Park at about 6/7pm on the Saturday of Labor Day. We are staying in Colorado Cottages on High Drive and will have a car. We will be straight off a flight from Dublin to Denver and are likely to be tired, we are looking for somewhere convenient and casual for dinner. I know it’s likely to be a busy night so somewhere that won’t have a very long wait or that we can pre book would be good. We aren’t too fussy about what kind of food we eat, we like typical American food or Italian. Thanks in advance!

florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

Both The Other Side restaurant and Sundeck restaurant are really close to where you'll be staying and seem to be well liked.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

Thanks for the quick reply plz2meatu, they both look lovely. I think they might be a bit more fancy than we were looking for on our first night, The Other Side especially looks lovely, I have it earmarked for our last night.

I was looking at Smokin Dave's BBQ, it looks nice and casual, how long would the likely wait be at 7/8 on that Saturday?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

An hour or more for Smokin' Dave's BBQ is not uncommon. The place is not that large. But if you go through Lyons on your way from DIA to Estes Park, the Smokin' Dave's there is larger and not as crowded. I think they both take reservations but I would not bet on that for Estes Park over Labor Day. More scenic route through Lyons/South St. Vrain Canyon/Peak to Peak

http://goo.gl/maps/7yMTi

Little quicker and less scenic through Lyons

http://goo.gl/maps/jgqNx

If you are going the I-25/Highway 34 route through Loveland, there are lots of restaurants on either side of the I-25/Highway 34 interchange at Centerra in Loveland. Cracker Barrel, Mimi's Cafe, Chili's, Carino's will be on your route.

Estes Park is not that large so most dining is less than 15 minutes from your lodging.

www.estesparkcvb.com/dining.cfm…

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

There is nothing fancy about The Other Side or Sundeck or almost any other place in Estes Park. Jeans, capris or pants, shirt and shoes is all you need. If it is warm, shorts work especially during the day. It is usually cool in Estes Park after the sun goes down. Colorado is very casual.

5. Re: Restaurant recommendations for Saturday of Labor Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:18