We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

We will be staying in Estes Park Friday, December 6 through Monday, Dec 9. We'd like a secluded cabin or cottage type place. Preferences-on Fall River, private hot tub would be awesome, close to fishing spot. Here's the difficult part, I'm hoping to stay three nights for $300. Can do $350 at the most. We would like to be able to walk somewhere for dining options if that's possible in a somewhat secluded place. We'll have a rental car so we could drive to eating places.

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Do you mean $300 per night or $100 per night? Maybe one of these would work if it the lower #?

http://www.vrbo.com/228642

http://www.vrbo.com/192196

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

$100 per night.

I found a trip advisor thing last night that listed hotels in estes park but can't find it now. I'm sure I'll find it eventually. One of my kiddos woke up so I had to stop looking. haha

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Wow, those are nice places you recommended!!!! I'm gonna do some more reading at the reviews but wow, they look perfect and great prices! Thanks SO much!!!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Estes Park is not that large and almost all lodging is both close to RMNP and close to town (not walking distance) for restaurants and shopping. It is less than 5 miles from the center of downtown Estes Park to either the Beaver Meadows or Fall River Entrance of RMNP.

Depending on the weather, Fall River may be at least partially frozen by early December or too shallow for good fishing. As I mentioned on your other post, Big Thompson River below the Lake Estes Dam will be your best bet. Highway 34 through Big Thompson Canyon is to reopen by December 1 and that will expand your fishing on the river. Mary's Lake in Estes Park and Lily Lake in RMNP (special regulations apply for fishing inside RMNP) are other options. For lodging on a river in Estes Park, include Big Thompson River as it also runs through town.

Even in low season, getting a cabin on the river with a private outdoor hot tub for $100 a night may be a challenge. Finding a condo on the river with an indoor spa tub for two or a communal hot tub will be easier. If you find a place you like, do call about discounts or promotions.

I still like Riverwood on Fall River. The phase 1 condos are duplexes with spa tubs not outdoor hot tubs and with it being low season, you should have privacy. River Spruce on Fall River has cabins with private hot tubs that are close to your budget. Rustic River Cabins in Big Thompson Canyon also has cabins with private outdoor hot tubs close to your price. Fall River Cabins meet your want list and they have some winter specials that are budget friendly. Evergreens on Fall River are duplexes with spa tubs and a communal outdoor hot tub and some units are close to your price.

Rockmount Cottages are on the Big Thompson River in Estes Park and they have affordable cabins but not with a hot tub.

You can check vrbo, homeaway and flipkey but many homes are larger and more expensive than what you want. Of the 329 listings for Estes Park on vrbo, 94 show hot tubs. There are some condos not cabins/homes shown.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/colorado/front-range/estes-park?Amenities=hot+tub

Rocky Mountain Resorts manages many properties in Estes Park and they have some winter specials. Some might meet your needs.

http://www.rockymtnresorts.com/

To check reviews, enter the name of the business in the search box in the upper right.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

The vrbo options WyCo lists are not on a river. If you remove the river requirement from your want list, that will expand your choices.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

If you want to see reviews in general for lodging in Estes Park, just click on the green hotels link at the top of this page. Note all the different categories - cabins and condos are usually under Specialty Lodging and there is a separate category for vacation rentals. VRBO has its own reviews but many times properties on vrbo also have listings under vacation rentals on TA.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Thank you for the helpful information! I can't wait to look into it all this weekend!

My husband has shot down my idea of our private outdoor hot tub. He says it sounds like a good idea if we want to come down with a cold or pneumonia! HAHA!! I guess he's right!! I like your idea of the indoor spa tubs! I saw a place the other day that had indoor jetted tubs with a window view but that was when I was looking for outdoor ones. I'll check out the places you mentioned and maybe I can find that one I saw the other day.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

I've narrowed it down to two places. The Boulder Brook spa suite will be $403 before taxes using their buy two nights get one free special. The vrbo one is $403 including taxes. So they are pretty much same price.

BB Pros:

jetted tub in room with large windows

adults only in the spa suites

really awesome reviews, lots of comments about how romantic and great for couples

vrbo Pros:

may be more private since it's a cabin but it IS in a neighborhood so not sure

www.boulderbrook.com/suites/spa-suites/

www.vrbo.com/192196…

I'm going to make reservations tomorrow morning. I'm leaning more towards the Boulder Brook place.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Well I got an email reply from a condo unit on Mary's Lake Lodge so I've added it into the mix and still can't decide. I posted a new topic but thought I'd put it here to in case y'all can help too. Here's my new topic....

Here's what I like....seeing wildlife from my room, mountain views would be nice but I'd rather look at wildlife than mountain, romantic, quiet, relaxing. I kinda like the idea of staying on a river, even if it is frozen. We will be staying Dec 6-9th and will have a rental car. ALL of these places will be around $400 so the price for all of these is the same. Mary's Lake Lodge says on their website they are closed because they are still working on a sewer line repair but expect to open December 1st. So I suppose there is a chance that it won't be open when we get there.

www.boulderbrook.com/suites/spa-suites/

Pros:

jetted tub in room with large windows- I LOVE this!

adults only in the spa suites so it should be pretty quiet

LOTS of really awesome reviews, lots of comments about how romantic and great for couples

www.vrbo.com/192196…

Pros:

may be more private since it's a cabin but it IS in a neighborhood so not sure

www.vrbo.com/467496…

Pros:

I emailed and asked, this unit does have a mountain view.

Listing says it's at Mary's Lake Lodge so I guess it's on the property? I'm guessing this would give us a place to walk to to eat. I'll email again and ask. I keep thinking of new questions after every time I email her.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secluded cabin/cottage preferably on Fall River

Didn't realize that you posted this twice. My reply on your other thread:

I've stayed at the Boulder Brook and it was very peaceful and romantic. The location on the river is lovely. I don't recall "really awesome views" from the unit we stayed in but maybe it was because we were on the first floor. Elk and deer frequent the area but of course there is no guarantee that you will see wildlife from your room.

I've driven past Mary's Lake Lodge and have often seen herds of elk out front.