We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Weekend in Providence

Which Providence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Weekend in Providence

Staying at the Hotel Providence in early March. Need recomendations for things to do in town and romantic restaurants for Fri and Sat evening.

Providence
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

Check out the Trinity Rep theatre and the Providence Performing Arts Center to see if any shows are playing, both a within walking distance of your Hotel. Also check out the art museum at Rhode Island School of Design and take a walk along Benefit Street.

For romantic restaurants you could walk to Gracie's, a beautiful and romantic place with excellent food and service.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

Gracie's is a great choice for a romantic dinner. Two other suggestions: Pot au Feu, which is also walking distance. I prefer the downstairs bistro rather than the formal upstairs dining room. Or XO Cafe (which is actually a steakhouse), this is just across the canal on Main St.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

I would recommend going to Spats, on Angel st, off of thayer, and then going to the Hookah bar at Byblos for a nightcap. Byblos is on meeting street, a one minute walk up Thayer.

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

My husband and I go to Mediterraneo whenever we're in Providence.... and going again this Saturday night!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

Don't go to Spats, it's mediocre food, often burned, the service is terrible,and the floor vibrates from the boiler room below. Also, it's right off Thayer, so it'll be full of college kids - not very romantic.

You may want to grab a lunch on Thayer St, especially if you are into the historical homes on Benefit St and throughout the East Side. If so, better to try Kartabar, which has better quality food at better prices than any of the other burger/pub places around.

6. Re: Romantic Weekend in Providence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 21:16