We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

Which Providence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

I wanted to check to be sure that Dollar Rental Car is in the terminal at pvd and not a shuttle ride away. Got a great price but it is not worth wasting an hour or so on each end of my long weekend to save a couple of bucks. Thanks so much!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

Your good to go. Dollar is inside the terminal and the car pick up is onsite at the parking garage [lower level]

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

Thanks a million! That allows me to save about $30 over Budget. Thanks again for answering so quickly.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

I could be wrong, but I think only Avis, Budget, and Hertz are in the gargage...

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

I know they have a desk there at the airport. And if the cars aren't at the parking garage, they are right there on Post Road at the airport which wouldn't be a hassle at all. Enterprise and a few others are longer shuttle rides away but still very close by. That airport and area around the airport is so compact, nothing is far at all. I would definitely take a 2 minute shuttle and save money than pay more for a place that had cars right in the parking garage.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

I agree, wouldn't make much of a difference time wise to warrant the extra $.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

I was surprised to hear that Dollar was actually in the terminal. I usually use Budget.

I guess it is a matter of opinion if it is only a "2 minute" shuttle ride or not. It has been my experience that when I've used off-site rental car companies in Rhode Island or anywhere else for that matter you check in at the terminal, wait for the shuttle w/luggage, load the shuttle, get to the store and lug your luggage some more, stand in line again, do the paperwork, get your keys, load your luggage and then leave. Minimum of 30 minutes. Vs. gettting it at the terminal. Stand in line at terminal desk, get paperwork, walk to car with your luggage, get keys load luggage and go. 1/2 the time.

I guess I'm spoiled! Thanks for the input.

7. Re: Dollar Rental Car In Terminal at PVD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Providence