We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,592 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

Metro park just informed me that the lot is usually full by 6:30 AM..I need to take the train to NYC for an overnight visit. Any suggestions as to where to park that is walking distance to the Amtrak station? It seems incredible to me that the parking lot right underneath the train station is filled up by 6:30.

Thank you.

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

If that's what they say I would beleive it, parking is super tight in Providence. I think the Providence Place Mall garage is considered very affordable, there are also plenty of lots downtown, which is a short walk away. No overnight street pkg anywhere in the city.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

Can you use the Kingston station - free parking there

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,592 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

no..really need to go out of providence

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

There just aren't many other parking options that are very convienent to the train station. I also think the Mall parking garage would be your best bet, but the parking rates do add up quickly. It's $25 for 24 hours, and then you'll need to tack on from there. For instance, anywhere from 8-20 hours is $20, so you're probably looking at close to $45 parking when all is said and done.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,592 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

maybe we should just camp out the night before to make sure we get a spot...who would have thought it would be so difficult to get a parking space?

6. Re: Parking at Amtrak in Providence ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:15