We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterfire where to stay,park.etc

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Topic
waterfire where to stay,park.etc

We are planning to attend a waterfire on May28.

What are suggestions for a not expensive hotel?

Should we stay in the walking distance or is it OK to drive?

IF so,where can we park?

Also we planning to go to Newport the next day. Would it be wise to stay in Midletown cloth to Newport?

What time is the event ends?

Thank you all in advance

CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

While it won't answer all of your questions, this should help:

waterfire.com

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

Or...well ,thank you, but I checked that website before. Hotels listed there all booked. and I rather get more infor. from people then commercial website.

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

One option would be to stay the Warwick area, for example, and taking a RIPTA bus into the city- just 20 min or so. Otherwise, you would have to pay to park, and Waterfire traffic gets very congested downtown. To stay in Newport overnight, yes Middletown is very convenient for a more affordable option.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

thank you. I read here that it is possible to park cheap in the Providence place mall. Is it true? What time should we arrive in order to get a spot there.

We will be driving from NY in the morning and hoped to get to Providence around 2-3PM. Maybe see something ,have dinner and then go to water and fire and from there when it is over drive to the hotel. Would it be possible then to find a parking spot,how much can it cost and what are the other rcomendations? Is Warwick area safe?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

Is Wyndham Garden Providence,located 220 India Street far from waterfire?

Is it a safe neighborhood? How do we get from hotel to waterfire? IS it far?

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

220 India is about 1 1/2 miles to Waterfire, good area, Warwick too. Prov Place has good parking, get there super early I would say. Honestly, from that hotel, you could park on the streets on the East SIde near Brown and RISD and walk down the hill to WF, all lovely area.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

Thank you. I will try to see if it is still available to book.So East PRovidence is considered to be a safe and good area?

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

Not East Providence, the East Side of Providence. Hope St, Brook St, as an example, the most beautiful part of the city.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

ok.thanks, i will try to look for hotels. there.Any other desired locations ?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: waterfire where to stay,park.etc

I would not park in the Providence Place Mall garage. It's a congested nightmare, in my opinion. Last time I parked there I spent 45 minutes waiting to get out. When I go to Waterfire I park at a small garage on Pine St... 36 Pine St is the address. It's $10 for event parking, easy in and easy out, close to 195 for a quick getaway without the city traffic. There are other lots there if that one is full, it's a safe area and a short walk to the flames. But do arrive no later than 7pm. I usually go out to dinner before the lighting, since my favorite restaurant is between that lot and the flames, but that particular weekend is Brown University's graduation, so make sure you have reservations if that is your plan. That is also probably the reason all of the good hotels are booked.

In Warwick Holiday Inn at the Crossings is right off the highway. It could take you less time to get to downtown than if you stayed at some non-central Providence hotels. There are several other decent hotels in Warwick also.

I would definitely stay in Middletown to visit Newport.