We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

West Caldwell, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

Going to Providence next weekend - anyone know of a GREAT dive bar? Found Harry's Bar & Burger on this website, but I'm looking for others. Thanks mucho

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

I wonder what you mean by dive? A place where an unemployed construction worker might hang out during the day (can't help you there) , or a somewhat seedy club-bar atmosphere, which Providence has tons of. The Hot Club is on the water and popular. Why not check out Motif Magazine or the Providence Pheonix, I think they are online.

Edited: 26 September 2011, 17:21
Providence, RI
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

I agree with Hillside - one persons dive is another's paradise (mine included!)

In addition to The Hot Club, you can try Whiskey Republic, which is next door.

WR is in the same building as the old Fish Company, which was bad, but this place seems fine.

West Caldwell, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

Thanks Hillside - Seedy Bar = Dive in my book. In short, I'm looking for the bar version of the Liberty Elm Diner. Brought my son up to college beginning of the month & took him for lunch there & LOVED it!! Going back for parents weekend & I've been sent on a mission to find an equally great bar. Thanks Hillside & GB Tour.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

You may want to try Nick-a-Nees, which is downtown. Fantastic jukebox and I think they allow dogs.

5. Re: Looking for a GREAT Dive Bar in Providence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 06:19