We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestion?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestion?

We're coming to Tucson in early May, and I'm looking for a recommendation on a hotel. Have the location narrowed down to the Foothills area and I'm deciding between 3 main hotel choices:

1) Windmill Inn & Suites St. Philips Plaza

2) Embassy Suites Paloma Village

3) Westward Look Resort

All have roughly the same price on Travelocity and similar good reviews. Any suggestions on picking between these three? (or another one I may have missed?)

Thanks!

-JK

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,613 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

Westward Look is a resort with resort amenities and activities, but about a mile from dining options, and not far from the same shopping area, La Encantada, where Embassy is located. The other two are just hotels. Embassy is close to shopping and dining. Windmill is close to a lot of dining choices.

Westward Look and Embassy have city and mountain views. Windmill has limited views but is also the most accessible location to the rest of Tucson.

All 3 are very nice as far as rooms are concerned.

I would choose Westward Look because it is a resort and has a more private setting than the other two.

For other choices, in the same area as Westward Look and Embassy is the Westin La Paloma. Loew's Ventana Resort is much further east but equally nice.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

I would go with the Westward Look also. It's just the better hotel of the three, but not to say that any of those choices are bad.

You will be charged a "resort fee" separate from what you pay on Travelocity when you check in. It's relatively minimal, but something to be aware of (i.e. - it's not a scam).

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

I'm not sure what you consider early May, but be aware that the weekend of May 13& 14 is graduation weekend for the University so prices go up or stay up, depending on the place.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

All three are good choices, but if the rates are close, I'd agree that Westward Look is the best choice. It's a resort and is off the main roadways a bit, so it will have nicer surroundings.

Cincinnati, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

Thanks all for your suggestions so far. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Omni Tucson National Resort? I know it's a bit farther north than the three choices I mentioned, but it also seemed nice and in my price range.

FYI, travel dates are May 9-13, so we'll just miss the U of A commencement. Thanks for the heads up on that, kitap!

Cincinnati, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

Throw the Hilton El Conquistador into the mix as well! I originally thought Oro Valley/Marana was too far north, but I've changed my opinion now!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

The Omni and the El Conquistador are good choices, too. Your choice will depend a lot on what you want to do at the resort. Out of all those options, the El Con will have the best pools (but not as good as La Paloma), El Con and Omin have golf right at the resort. El Con and Westward Look have the nicest settings - more in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains. Omni probably has the best spa. IMO you really can't go wrong with any of them.

8. Re: Hotel Suggestion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Tucson