We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

We will be winding down a three week trip through the southwest in Tucson before flying out of Phoenix. We'd love a fairly quite hotel with sunset views, good food, and opportunities to savor our visit. We will be there around June 10th. My DH is an photography hound so photo ops in SNP are a necessity :-) Our budget is anywhere from $100 to $300 a night. Maybe just desiring an ideal goodbye before heading back to ATL!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,799 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

In Tucson, for the best sunset views, I think that you need to be up in the foothills area to see sunset the best. There are no hotels located in or near the two Saguaro NP units (if that is what SNP is).

Two hotels with good locations for sunset views are Westward Look resort and Hacienda del Sol. Both are very quiet. They will both have special summer rates, but they may not offer the lowest rates right now. Summer rates are usually advertised in May. There are some others that might work.

Whatever you choose, contact the properties directly, check later for better rates, and search online on their web sites.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

I looked at both of your suggestions. They sound really nice. As an aside, am I right in choosong Tucson or is there another place you would reccommend to wind down. A friend suggested Bisbe? Thank you!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

In my personal opinion, Tucson is a great place to wind down. Take a look at the Gates Pass area to watch sunsets and do some desert photography. Also, I've done some great photography at the Arizona-Sonora desert museum (it's mostly outdoors, in a natural setting).

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,799 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

Bisbee is nice, but it is 4 hours from Phoenix for your departure. I doubt that there is enough to do in Bisbee for more than a day or two, and few saguaros.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

Thanks for the help guys!!

6. Re: Sunsets,hiking, deserts, & relaxing on last few days in AZ..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Tucson