We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do i get a tourist card?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
How do i get a tourist card?

Am going to Mazatlan by bus from phoenix. A friend of mine told me he had a hard time picking up his card at the 21 k checkpoint, the bus would not wait for him and he had to transfer to a later and more stops bus, that he should have got his card at the border. If i take the greyhound from phoenix, will i be able to pick up my tourist car when the bus stops at the border? I tried the Mexican consulate but they don't do issue cards anymore. Thanks. alm.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do i get a tourist card?

First, I would check out TUFESA. Their buses are nicer. The bus is required to stop at the KM 21 immigration stop. That is the only place you can get your tourist permit. You must have a valid passport.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do i get a tourist card?

I'm going to San Carlos March 17th on the bus (TBC) from Tucson, I couldn't find a valid phone number for Tufesa, the phone rang, and rang, no website help either. By the time I disembark in Guaymas it will be Sunday morning the 18th, I leave Guaymas,Friday night March 23rd, 11pm on the bus, arriving in Tucson Saturday March 24th. Officially I will be in Mexico for one week total, but I will be on the the bus for the good part of two days, do I still need tourist visa? thank you.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do i get a tourist card?

A person must have a tourist permit (It's not a visa.) anywhere beyond the immediate border area. You also must have a passport.

4. Re: How do i get a tourist card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Tucson