We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Tucson Bead Show

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Tucson Bead Show

Will be in Tucson for this years February Bead Show. Google search brings up links to shows at the Windmill and Doubletree Reid Park. Is there an admission fee for these particular shows? And where might I find links to other bead/gem/jewelry shows in Tucson for this week?

Would appreciate any insight!

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,373 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 Tucson Bead Show

No admission fee anywhere to the best of my knowledge, although you do have to have a wholesaler's license at some of the shows during some of the days, particularly the main event at the TCC. At the hotel shows, we've always been able to buy, but there could be some vendors who aren't licensed to sell to individuals.

The "show" is actually several shows going on all at once. For beads (which my wife likes to buy), we go to the show at Kino Park (baseball stadium on Ajo east of Kino Parkway). It's also typically better to shop a few days after the main show. You'll get slightly less selection, but vendors are more likely to make good deals with you.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 Tucson Bead Show

There is a large gem and jewelry show at the Holiday Inn on S Palo Verde. And others in the same vicinity. You need a business license for entry as these are wholesale. Some will sell to you anyway, but the one at the HI won't let you in unless you register and have a copy of a business license. There are also a lot of gem and jewelry vendors, some with beads, at the hotels at 22nd St/Starr Pass and I-10 on the west side of the interstate.

I looked online and did not find a list of the vendors all over town. There is a publication called the Tucson EZ Guide for the gem shows that lists all locations, but can only be obtained at one of the locations when you first arrive.

If you don't already have lodging, that's the biggest problem. Rates are high, and availability is low.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 Tucson Bead Show

This is the Web site I direct my guests to to find a venue or particular types of items http://www.xpopress.com/AZ-show-schedule.html The listings will tell you if they are wholesale or direct to the public. I believe I saw on their marquee that the Viscount Inn on East Broadway is hosting the Best Bead Show (that's the name, not my assessment of it).

Your best bet for lodging at this point will be either very high-end hotels or ads on something like Craigslist or AirBnB.

4. Re: 2014 Tucson Bead Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Tucson