We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
55 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott at Williams Center and want some suggestions for good breakfast food/ atmosphere and or views. Thanks so much!

USA
Level Contributor
11,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

I'm interested in this as well. Typically we buy enough stuff from Trader Joe's/Whole Foods to stock our fridge and have tea, cereal, instant oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and the such in the mornings. In all the years of visiting Tucson I don't think we ever went out for breakfast, but this year we're going to try this place before going to Catalina:

http://www.villagebakehouse.com

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,801 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

No atmosphere or views, just good food. Happy Rooster.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60950-d87…

Edited: 23 February 2014, 18:16
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,778 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

Blue Willow and Beyond Bread are great but have no views to speak of; The Grill at Hacienda del Sol has lovely views and excellent food (esp. Sunday brunch). I think the places with the best views will be the foothills resorts.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

I think it partially depends on how far you're willing to drive. The better of the several Jerry Bob's is right there on Broadway & Rosemont, which is walking distance from your hotel. They serve typical breakfast fare. Very no frills and very cheap.

I really like Bread & Butter on 22nd, but that may be a bit far. That's also just a typical American breakfast. Frank's has, I think, one of the best breakfasts in town (especially the Mexican items), but they're also very small and very popular. And that's a pretty good drive from Williams Center.

If you're willing to drive and go a little higher-end, The Cup inside the Hotel Congress is excellent for breakfast, however there's almost always a wait, at least on weekends. I also love the breakfast at Little Poca Cosa, but that's a Mexican breakfast.

Hope that helps.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

springerandy,

We love Village Bakehouse. They have great baked goods and usually four kinds of some pretty good, all-you-can drink coffee. They also have hot breakfasts, which we've never tried since we love the pastries so much, but those breakfasts look really good, too.

If you want a hot breakfast in Catalina, Sunnyside Up and Jerry Bob's are both no frills breakfast places that serve up a great hot breakfast at a very reasonable price.

USA
Level Contributor
11,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

Beyond bread is on my list of worst places that I've ever eaten at.

USA
Level Contributor
11,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

Thanks for the recommendations desertbeachlover, and glad to hear about the Village Bakehouse.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

Another vote for Beyond Bread...even if you stop and get food to go....pastries and cookies are from scratch, breads are excellent. Sandwiches and soups too. Reviews here are great and so are the long lines for food. It's always a must stop when in the neighborhood.

USA
Level Contributor
11,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

I guess coming from the NYC area I have a higher expectation than what Beyond Bread can offer? One time we had sandwiches there, nothing special. The next time we tried some other things, one of which was their mac and cheese, it was horrible and I could not even eat it. I forget what my wife had, but I remember that her dish wasn't great either. Being busy doesn't insure that the place is good.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best spots for breakfast in Tucson

I'd check out the breakfast menu for Beyond Bread before settling on that. We ate there for breakfast (I've always liked it for lunch) a few months ago, and I thought it was really underwhelming. The options are pretty limited too. Not really a "breakfast place." More of a cafe. No wait service.

Get answers to your questions about Tucson