We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moderate hotels near airport?

Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Moderate hotels near airport?

Suggestions for hotels that are decent, but not the Ritz around the airport? Thanks!

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moderate hotels near airport?

Why only the airport area? It's a really uninteresting part of town. However, the hotels around the airport tend to be very good values. It depends on your idea of "moderate" though.

My personal favorite is the Hilton Garden. It's clean, comfortable, good staff, reasonably priced, and they have a lazy river in the pool. Virtually all the airport hotels have a free airport shuttle, including the Hilton Garden. After that, I'd suggest the Hyatt Place. They're very nice hotels, but I haven't stayed in that one, specifically. Those two will be right around $100 per night. If you need to get a little cheaper, there's also a La Quinta.

Hope that helps.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,803 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moderate hotels near airport?

If the airport area is not a necessity, it's possible to recommend moderate cost hotels in other parts of the city.

Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moderate hotels near airport?

We are there to look at an RV in N Tucson on Casa Grande Hwy, so it really isn't a tourist trip. We are used to places like Holiday Inn, Best Western, La Quinta etc. Not the Ritz, but... Suggestions?

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moderate hotels near airport?

Why don't you stay about the RV place then? Why the airport? I assume it's around I-10 (Casa Grande Highway) and Cortaro or Orange Grove. That'll take close to a half hour to reach from the airport area. There are a number of decent hotels up there, including a nice Holiday Inn Express. That's a better area anyway.

5. Re: Moderate hotels near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Tucson