We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October or November for Tucson?

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
October or November for Tucson?

Hello everyone. My husband and I are planning to head south to the Tucson area for 2 weeks in either mid-late October for 2 weeks or the lst two weeks of November. We are planning to rent a vacation rental in the area, still to be determined. However I am still toying with which time period is best for us. We have been to Arizona both in the summer (HOT) and also at the end of Sept (still very hot). I don't want the hot heat, however dry, but would still like warmish temperatures. After all we are coming down from northern Ontario. We do enjoy abit of hiking and plan to make that a good part of our holiday in the area, so tolerable temps for that would be good. The pros and cons of both time periods would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,157 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: October or November for Tucson?

I can't comment about November, but I did visit Tucson during late October a few years ago. The weather was perfect and I would definitely visit again during that period.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: October or November for Tucson?

Same comment. We stayed in Tucson mid october 2014 and weather was perfect.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
436 posts
3. Re: October or November for Tucson?

The link below shows historical weather data for Tucson in October. Oct 16 figures are Average Low: 60, Average High:85, Record Low:32 (1899), Record High: 100 (1991).

If you can be flexible with your hiking time and location you should be fine.

www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx…

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
4. Re: October or November for Tucson?

October is a transition month, usually this month sees big drops in temps. It has been very cold in Oct in certain years but is usually very pleasant. 50+ years in Tucson and lovin it!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
117 reviews
5. Re: October or November for Tucson?

As a native Tucsonan, October has always been my favorite month of the year here. Days are normally warm, but not hot, winds are minimal and mornings and evenings are cool. But a couple weeks later in early November won't be that much cooler on average.

6. Re: October or November for Tucson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 05:44
USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,157 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: October or November for Tucson?

Interesting, while I loved the one time I visited in October, I've enjoyed the late March / early April time frame trips more.

8. Re: October or November for Tucson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 June 2016, 16:07
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
117 reviews
9. Re: October or November for Tucson?

March and April are usually nice, but it's usually much windier than October. And it seems like we get more unusual weather in the spring, too.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,157 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: October or November for Tucson?

Thanks, always appreciate the information.

Get answers to your questions about Tucson