We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salem Candlelight Tours

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Salem Candlelight Tours

Can anybody tell me what the best candlelight tour is in october?

I went on the vampire/ghost tour last year but I am interested in a candlelight one this year

So just wondering if anybody can recommend a good one to go on

thanks

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

They have some evening tours of the House of the Seven Gables that are interesting. But are you looking for a walking tour of Salem?

CT
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

we are looking for a walking candlelight tour later in the evening. While we were on the vampire/ghost tour last year we saw a candlelight one that looked interesting but when I just looked them up on a salem website there were so many different ones so I wasn't sure which would be "the best" or most interesting one to go on.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

The Derby Square tours seem to get a good write up here:

…about.com/cs/halloween/a/aaspookysalem_3.htm

At least from their web site the founder of the tour company is a former Salem history teacher.

Please write back with a review of what tour you do go on to help others in the future.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

Most of the night tours are pretty similar, visiting most of the same locations and telling the same stories. Over the years, I've been on most of them:

-Spellbound Tours (this is probably the vampire/ghost one you've done)

-Terror Trail (affiliated with Derby Tours)

-Haunted Footsteps (one of Salem's oldest tours)

-Hocus Pocus Tours

-Salem Night Tour (not a 'ghost' tour as such, they also discuss pirates & architecture, so they do end up going to a few different places)

-Witch Village's "Spellcasting" (not a tour, so much as a discussion of the witch trials, then you take part in an actual spellcasting back at the Witch Village)

Of these, I know the guides from Haunted Footsteps & the Salem Night Tour carry lanterns with them.

CT
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

Thanks for all the info!! I want to do the Spellbound tour again but my son wants to try something different. Ill let you all know when I get back which one we chose and how it was :)

6. Re: Salem Candlelight Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:18