We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for Area Hotel

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for Area Hotel

My family and I will spend several nights in Salem this summer and will most likely stay at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is for that establishment? The last time we were in town, we stayed at the Salem Inn, where you had to walk with your luggage around the block and to the back of the building - really not a big deal at all, but it was a bit difficult for Mom, who had cardiac issues. I'm just wondering what to expect this trip - their website & brochure doesn't mention on-site parking. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

I believe there is dedicated hotel parking on Pickering Wharf, but why not give the hotel a call to confirm and get specifics. I think there is a drop-off/pick-up spot at the entrance, which might ease travel for your mother, but again the hotel could confirm this. Welcome back to Salem!

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

Thanks so much for your help - can't wait to get back to your beautiful town, and show it to my niece & nephew for the first time!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

The Salem Waterfront Hotel has a parking lot right in front of it. When you register, you'll get a card to put in the window so they know you're allowed to park there. However, it's not big enough to accommodate everyone if the hotel was fully booked. There's a parking garage across the street where the overflow parks, I believe. I've stayed at the hotel a few times now (early September) and have yet to not get a spot in the parking lot, though.

As well, they have two luggage carts which you can use to bring your luggage into the hotel.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

Note to Salem Waterfront Inn. Include parking info in your literature. Parking in downtown Salem is a big deal, so why not toot your own horn if you offer it? Also be sure to take the ferry back and forth to Boston for a day, it lets you off in the Faneiul Hall area and the ride is half the fun.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

Thank you, all, for the advice & info - We're really looking forward to our visit!!

6. Re: Parking for Area Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 07:27