We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time to visit beside Oct.

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Best Time to visit beside Oct.

We want to plan a trip for 2006 but not sure when to go?? We were thinking about late May... Hows the weather in May? Coming from Mid-West, never been to east coast in May

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time to visit beside Oct.

Late May, and into early June is our Spring. Gardens are in bloom, and the weather has usually warmed up and dried out some. The Boston Public Gardens should be lovely at this time, with lots of flowering trees. It is a popular time for college graduations (lots of folks coming to the city) so make your reservations early. Evenings can still be cool, so pack a sweater or light jacket (preferable waterprrof for any late showers)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time to visit beside Oct.

I vote for first two weeks of June. The college graduations should be done and the weather is beautiful then. That time of year there are garden tours of Back Bay and Beacon Hill area if you like this sort of thing. Second favorite time of year is last two weeks of September.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time to visit beside Oct.

Hi,

I had visited Salem once in early October and once in July.

July was very nice. The weather was warm and all the museums were open and it was nice walking around in the evenings. It got a bit crowded though and there was some waiting for a table at a few of the restuarants as well as the museums.

I really enjoyed the early October visit. It was cool but not too cold. Places were less crowded and the evenings walks were fun and a bit spooky as it was darker earlier.

Waterford, MI
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time to visit beside Oct.

I abosolutely loved going during Halloween. It was just like Mardi Gras in Louisiana but on a smaller scale. We never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for a table the whole trip. I would think May would be a beautiful time to go as well. You might want to pack a light sweater for cool night breezes if you are not used to it. Can be hit or miss.

Salem,MA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time to visit beside Oct.

May is beautiful in MA. The average temp. is usually in the 60's, edging towards 70. At this time of year, it's not too hot or humid either. The best thing is, there are no long lines at this time. I grew up in the "witch city" Late spring has always been my favorite time of year. Enjoy ML