We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Question

Brazoria County...
5 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Question

My wife and I will be visiting Salem in Sept. this year. We would need to go to and from the Logan airport and we planned on visiting Gloucester during our stay. The hotel we'll be at has parking.

Would it be better to rent a car or use public transportation? A rental car for the time we'll be there would cost about $130.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Question

Since you're staying in the Cape Ann Area, you will really find it convenient to have a car. While you're there you can visit Rockport and the car will enable you to have a much wider choice for meals as well. Well worth it.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Question

Agreed. You'll want to be able to drive around Cape Ann. It's gorgeous.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Question

I agree with the earlier posters about renting a car (it is possible, however, to use public transportation to travel to Salem and Gloucester plus some other parts of Cape Ann, but a car will give you a lot more flexibility). Also, Logan Airport is on the north side of Boston, so travel between there and Salem is quite easy.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Question

Car! be sure to drive Rte 127 (not 128) between Gloucester and Salem for gorgeous coastal vistas and seaside villages.

5. Re: Transportation Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 17:17