We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

I have been trying to make a booking there and their phone number is disconnected. Also their website link goes to just a random page of squatter type website. Too bad as they got such great reviews.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

I had a friend who kept calling there in Jan & Feb. The owner kept telling her to call back that they were not booking anything yet. After the 4th time she gave up. He did mentioned there was a death in the family. One thing I didn't like was when she said I'll call back, I really want to stay here he answered back nasty saying yeah you & a million other people. I found that to be pretty rude. I'm glad she booked else where, because she would still be waiting. We booked the Stephen Daniels house. I forgot the place she booked. Going in October so we wanted to book ASAP & there is a bunch of us & needed more than one B&B.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Yes, you should hurry up and book as many people book their Halloween rooms by lottery in January.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Oh yeah that's why I was worried that she waited til the middle of Feb. The owner kept telling her to call back.

Hartford...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Dawn,

Consider yourself lucky that you didn't stay there.It is the run by the two creepiest guys who leave stale store bought muffins at your door. The rooms are disgusting.

DK

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Really! The guy was pretty mean to my friend the few times that she called.

Hartford...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Dawn,

Do not book that place for Halloween or any other time.Any of the good reviews are written by the owners. Read them and you'll see the same theme."They were sooo nice, they called us enroute, the dog is cool, the little baskets of goodies blah blah blah. Read all the reviews for the heck of it.

Brooklyn, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

This is not true we stayed there and the guys were very nice and amazing hosts i am sorry for you bad expierence,

miami
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

I agree with Tiffany. The two owners were very nice to my Mom and I, and yes, the dog was cool! Sorry to hear that they are no longer accepting reservations. Hope everything is alright.

Newmarket
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

Yes, the inn was sold and made into condos.....I met Bobby and Paul in 2008 and yes they did call us on route to see if we were ok ( as we drove from Toronto and were late) and we stayed at their inn every year until it was sold and yes they were (are) two of the nicest people you would ever meet, so much so that we are still friends to this day and we travel from Toronto every summer to stay in their new inn!!!!!

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Inn on Washington Square gone?

thanks for that update SimplyPlaid