We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Salem

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Salem

I will be driving a group of friends to Salem for the evening this Saturday. We will be eating at Cafe Polonia (Essex and Washington St.) and then doing a walking tour around the historic district. We will need to park for about three and a half hours in all.

What would be a reasonably priced and convenient place to park? We don't mind walking a couple blocks. I am guessing that metered parking will be scarce to nonexistent, no? Speaking of meters, do they typically have a two-hour limit, and, if so, how late do they run? Thanks.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Salem

I would park in the parking garage next to the Peabody Essex Museum..and across from the Visitor's center.The rate is something like $1.50 an hour if memory serves me..but there may be an even cheaper weekend rate.I know on Monday it was $5 for the day. The entrance is on New Liberty St. It is convenient to just about everything..especially Essex St.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Salem

I agree with miscricket that the Museum Place Garage will be a good choice for your visit. I can't remember the rates either, but it's never a lot. You may get lucky and find street parking. I believe meters are enforced until 5pm, but check carefully (the City Council is currently considering a plan to extend meters til 8pm). Here's a link to a parking map that map help you:

www.salem.com/Pages/SalemMA_Parking/parkmap

Enjoy!

3. Re: Parking in Salem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:18