We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabrege exhibit

Boston...
Level Contributor
187 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Fabrege exhibit

Has anyone been to the special exhibit at the Peabody Essex Museum featuring the Fabrege eggs? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 15:43
Boston...
Level Contributor
187 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Has anyone been to the special exhibit at the Peabody Essex Museum featuring the Fabrege eggs? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 15:43
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabrege exhibit

I plan to go, but haven't been yet--it just opened last Saturday, I believe! The exhibit continues until the end of September. There is a $5 surcharge for admission to the exhibit (free for members). I'll try to remember to report back after I go.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabrege exhibit

I haven't been yet. I plan to go when my daughter returns from camp but the insert that fell out of a newspaper earlier this week really caught my interest. I think it will be very interesting to see.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Joanne H, in case you didn't see the thread about the Faberge exhibit on the Boston Forum, here's a link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k681404…

Boston...
Level Contributor
187 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Thanks! I'll check it out.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabrege exhibit

I finally got there this past weekend. Amazing! I never knew there were interchangeable parasol handles, let alone ones of such intricate beauty! I thought the audioguide (free) was excellent. The galleries were very crowded though the weather outside could not have been any nicer.

The exhibit closes September 29 with extended hours during the last week (and note that the museum is always open in the evening on the third Thursday of the month).

Boston...
Level Contributor
187 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to visit the exhibit in a week or so. We are so fortunate that the PEM has brought the exhibit to our area.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Yes, weren't the parasol handles beautiful? I never knew such a thing existed either. So ornate!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fabrege exhibit

BooKat, they were beyond beautiful! I wish I had had a magnifying glass to see all the tiny detail.

Joanne H, hope you will enjoy the exhibition as much as I (and BooKat) did!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fabrege exhibit

Saw it today (finally!!). Got there about 1 and it was busy but not so crowded that you couldn't see or linger if you wanted to.