We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

DFW (HEB), TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

Help! My family of four (kids are 10 and 6) are going to SA in July and need help finding a quality hotel ON the Riverwalk. A lot of them claim they are on the Riverwalk but are not. Walking a block means you aren't on the Riverwalk. Anyway, need someplace with a jaccuzzi, pool, and directly ON the Riverwalk. Thanks.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

Don't know if they have jacuzzi or pool, but a family of 4 would probably like an all suite hotel such as La Contessa, listed as a 4*. It is directly on the Riverwalk, although a less trafficked area of it.

Houston
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

And a lot of them are on the riverwalk, just not the part of the riverwalk where the activity is.

La Contessa is a great hotel. I stayed there last month in fact. But it's not the best place for kids and is pretty expensive (best price I found was a Southwest Airlines deal for $140/nt) and they charge for anything extra. The rooms are awesome and huge but keep your kids away from the tray of $5 Snickers bars. You'll also need to pay $25/day for valet parking or park nearby at public parking for $12/day. It's on the riverwalk, a quiet part but only a few buildings from where the activity starts.

www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com/index.php

A cheaper option might be Homewood Suites. Again, you have the fridge and can have a few meals in the room plus they include continental breakfast. You can often get rooms for $100 - $120. It's also on the riverwalk a few blocks from Contessa, a short distance from the busy section.

www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com/index.php

Staying a block or two off the riverwalk is not a big deal if you want to save some money. You're gonna wear out your shoes walking on the riverwalk anyway, what's a few more blocks.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

Here's a link to a recent thread asking a similar question:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60956-i76-k102343…

We definitely didn't come up with any answers, but there are a couple of names thrown out there.

Hope that helps (somewhat).

Houston
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

Oops, I posted the same link twice in my previous post.

The link for Contessa is http://www.thehotelcontessa.com/default_.asp

And it does have a small rooftop pool.

DFW (HEB), TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the info. after seeing how expensive parking is at the Riverwalk hotels, we decided to do the Seaworld Package with the Omni San Antonio up near Hwy 10. We'll make a day trip to check out the Riverwalk and park at Rivercenter Mall. At least at the Omni they don't charge their paying guests to park there. We read the info on the Omni and it sounds like the kids would love it as well. Thanks again.

Houston
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

That's a plan, been there, done that. There are cheaper places to park but the Rivercenter is a good basepoint. Buy something in the mall and get your ticket validated for a reduced rate.

There is a lot to do in the riverwalk area and you'll end up walking several miles. That's why I now prefer to spend the bucks to stay in a hotel on the river, it's nice to have somewhere to retreat to for a nap or just a little rest.

Fisrt thing, do the river tour. It's relatively cheap, entertaining, and gives you an overview so you know where you want to go walking. You also have La Villita and the Tower of Americas.

And don't forget the Alamo!!!

7. Re: Need Riverwalk hotel for family of four

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:27