We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

MI
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

Any useful hints about parking at the Alamodome? I don't mind paying but I hate congestion when leaving/entering. Does it go smooth or is it mass chaos? I noticed on their website they show two garages Riverbend and one accross from the convention center--I didn't think it was walkable from downtown. Any suggestions? How much is parking at the Alamodome?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

You can easily walk to the Alamodome from either of the garages you mention, though I think the first is called Rivercenter, not Riverbend. A walkway takes you across the expressway. It's really kind of fun to walk across with the crowds, especially on a pretty evening.

MI
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

So.. just so I'm clear..Rivercenter parking garage is the same as the Riverwalk area parking garage? the mall parking lot right? So if I find one of the day lots in the downtown area I can park there and just go to the Rivercenter garage and use the overhead walkway?

I intend on staying in the downtown area all day anyways so I can just leave my car in a lot and not worry about it till after the basketball games are over? sorry to be a dimwit but that's the kinda stuff I worry about!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

there are many garages and lots around there that will charge $10/day or something like that.....could be more if they charge "event" parking prices, which run up to $20. just double-check with the attendant or read the signs to understand the rules of each lot are for the day as they vary depending on the day and/or events taking place downtown. the alamodome and riverwalk are just across the highway (37) from each other and are "easily" walked.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

If you are staying downtown anyway, leave your car where it is and just walk! Traffic can be ungodly for events like this. We walked from the Riverwalk to Alamodome for the Alamo Bowl game and it's easy. No need to worry about finding your way, either--the crowd will just sweep you along with them. :>

MI
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

Thanks guys for your reply posts. Texas Ham- I already printed your parking lot tips from a previous post so I will look to them for guidance. I just didnt' realize the Alamodome was walkable--thanks again!

6. Re: Parking at Alamodome/NCAA regionals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:19