We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

Rochester
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

Trying to locate a hotel ON the Riverwalk that has wheelchair accessible rooms. Does anyone have any suggestions?

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

Hyatt, Westin and Marriott will all have some wheel chair accessible rooms. I may be wrong and my source for info is currently on the golf course, but don't all hotels have to have them now? The only possible exception might be properties built before ADA laws, but I don't even think that is the case. I think they had X# of years to conform. Needless to say, each property has a limited number of fully accessible rooms, those with roll-in showers and wider doors, etc, so reserve as early as possible.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

I believe majority of the hotels do have wheelchair accessible rooms. Maybe some of the old ones might not have them, but that very few of them.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

Have checked with DH and yes, they all must be ADA compliant now. Not all will have roll in showers, some with tubs and seats and it certainly isn't all rooms, so you will have to request wheelchair accessible and reserve.

4. Re: Wheelchair accessible Hotel on Riverwalk (San Antonio)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 07:17