We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dance Club

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dance Club

Heading down to San Antonio for a conference in June. I know we have some organized events...indoor rodeo, etc. Does anyone know of any good spots we can head at night if some of us can break away from the group for a few hours.....to drink and dance (club music). Most of us are in our early 30s....and a few a bit younger/older.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dance Club

I'm reminded of PJ O'Rourke's comments of going to dance clubs: "...moments of quiet desperation."

If you must, there is a Polly Esther's near the River Walk (http://www.pollyestherssa.com/). Have never been there, but it has been open for a while, so it must offer something.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dance Club

I would also recommend Polly Esther's if you are downtown. The club has three levels with 70/80's and Top 40/Dance music so you have more variety to choose from than most other clubs. I don't remember what kind of music the other level has because it's been a while since I've been there, but I believe they recently started having live music on occasion.

probably stuck in...
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dance Club

I don't know if it is still hot, but an infamous local club was the Bonham, the only openly gay club in town. Wide range of people, not at all intimidating for straight patrons. Tame by New York standards.

Taco Land in the St. Mary's district has a range of acts that you would never imagine together. might get trance, might get tejano.

Also in St. Mary's, tycoon flats. Outdoor patio with live music.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio