We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Rent a Car

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage Rent a Car

I am going to be flying into San Antonio in May and did a search for a rental for a minivan and Advantage Rent A Car came up for $20 a day/unlimited mileage! Has anyone ever heard of this company or had any experience with them?

Thank you in advance for your help!

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

Advantage is a national company similar to Enterprise. You should have no more problems with them than you would with any of the others (which is practically never).

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,676 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

No worries. Advantage RAC was born and bred in SA over 40 years ago. A reputable company. http://www.advantage.com/j/i/102/History.html

Locations are primarily TX, the southwest. and sprinkled elsewhere.

Road construction around the airport seems never ending. Take a few extra minutes to get your bearings.

Enjoy!

Let us know if you need suggestions on shopping,

restaurants, sights.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

The company is dependable, you shouldn't have any problems with them.

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

Thanks all! I was in San Antonio (well actually Blanco) last year and had a blast! My best friend lives in Blanco. Def gonna be making a trip to the Salt Lick!

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

Wanna do a house trade? LOL Just kidding.

Beverly hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

I've used them and i think they are great! They are a little slow but if you just looking for the basics ( no gps, or road side assistance) then they are wonderful to have!

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

Personally, I won't use Advantage anymore, unless there are no other choices. Too many times, at various locations, they have not had a car ready and I (and other customers) have had to wait a half-hour or longer. They are a budget company and it shows. My advice is to sign up for the Avis Preferred program and rent from Avis. It may cost a little more, but after the first time, you don't have to hassle with the whole check-in process, which can take a while at Advantage, even if you are a repeat customer. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

I really appreciate your 2 cents! I have a 15 month old and going through a huge waiting process is something that we cannot tolerate. I will look into other companies. Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,835 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

I also had my rate changed after i booked a very good rate when i was in Houston,so i decided to go with National, I am now an Emerald Aisle member no problems at all.

10. Re: Advantage Rent a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 09:19