We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

HI Everyone! I have been reading through some of the reviews, and well, now I need your help. I am heading to SA in July with 8-10 girlfriends. We are all leaving behind our husbands and children for two nights away. We are looking for a hotel that has nice sized rooms- it would be awesome if we could find a place big enough for all of us, but that might be wishing for the moon! But nice sized rooms that could fit 3-4 adults comfortably would be ideal. Also, the most important hotel feature we want is a great pool. If that pool had poolside bar service- even better! We don't have to be on the Riverwalk either. We want to spend about $200-250 per night. TIA, Lisa

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,937 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

just a suggestion, near SA.

www.gruenemansioninn.com

www.gruenehall.com

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

I think you'd love Hyatt Hill Country, hands down the best pool (lazy river) in the area. The only drawback for you might be price...not sure what their summer rate is, and the fact that you'd have to drive to the Riverwalk. Pools in Riverwalk hotels aren't much to rave about, being an urban environment.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

if you don't mind being away from downtown, then i agree with OO: the Hyatt Hill Country is a fantastic place to relax and get away....another nice place to stay would be the La Canterra Resort.

downtown:

try the new Grand Hyatt! (not sure what the pool will be like though...)http://grandsanantonio.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Houston
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Are you wanting to spend $200- $250 per PERSON per night or in total per night?

Why not rent a house? That's what we do when we have a girl's weekend. We first go to the grocery store and buy the weekend food then split the bill. Then off to the liquor store and split that too. We take turns making breakfast, lunch & dinner which really turns out to be fun. You can have your own bar set up, take turns playing bartender.

Look at http://www.vrbo.com/10491

http://www.vrbo.com/172734

http://www.vrbo.com/155331

http://www.vrbo.com/106674

Just keep looking at vrbo.com. You might find exactly what you want.

Our group of 20+ girls have even done a Dude Ranch. http://www.dixieduderanch.com/

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,937 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Between these two, I would suggest La Cantera. Hyatt Hill Country is nice but I presume you want to get away from the kid noise and chatter. The lazy river can be a zoo sometimes. Plus, HHC has only a small area\pool that is kid-free.

La Cantera is very close to shopping and dining.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Most hotels won't allow 8 people in the room.

You can go to this website & check out the hotels & pools to see if that is what you are looking for a girls weekend, there are so many great choices.

www.sanantonio.com/hotels

I hope this helps you find what you girls are looking for in a stay.

Have a great time in SA.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
199 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

I would say book a few rooms at Hotel Contessa on the River Walk. The rooms are all suites and sofas open into beds. If you are leaving the husbands behind you will want to stay on the Riverwalk for meals and entertainment.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Hey Texas Mama:

My friends arrive this Thursday from Kansas for a girls weekend. I live here in SA (only for 3 years, so I'm still learning the town and not quite an expert). We chose Westin LaCanterra...it's right next to the LaCantera mall and tons of good restaurants. The hotel is going through a management change and I've heard service has been lax. I plan on speaking up immediately if there's a problem and as long as we get to sleep late in those heavenly beds, I'm good. We got a killer $150 per night rate.

If you'd like to have a group spa pedicure...check out Ann's nail and spa in Stone Oak. They are very reasonably priced ($30-$40 for pedi-spa) and can accomodate large groups if you call well ahead. Their chairs are in a sunken area with warm-lighting and stone accents. They also serve sodas and wine on Saturdays.

For lunch one day, try the Tiago's restaurant next to the Bass Pro shops at the Rim. It is a cute little tex-mex joint that has awesome food and an outdoor patio. For dinner, the Scenic Loop cafe has a neat ambience. And the food at the Grill at Leon Springs is out of this world---it doesn't look like much on the outside, but inside it is dark, cozy and the bar area bustling with locals enjoying a glass of wine.

Tell you what, I'll post a girls weekend trip report after ours....ASAP. Hope this helps.

Missy

San Antonio
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

And I forgot to mention shopping...

Boerne has a main street that is lined with cute clothing boutiques and what-not stores. There is a B&B that has a spa...Kendall Inn. We're considering a spa day there...

Or venture further into hill country to Fredericksburg. Personally, I think Boerne is just as cute and only 10 minutes from LaCanterra.

Of course, we have a day planned at San Marcos outlet stores.

:)Missy

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
197 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls Weekend- Need Hotel Advice

Me and my girlfriends are going during Mother's Day weekend, leaving the family behind. We are staying at the Residence Inn Downtown/Alamo plaza in a 2 bedroom 2 bath for $219. We think that will be plenty of room for us. It also comes with a breakfast buffet in the morning which should be nice. It is not on the riverwalk but within walking distance.