We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

cape cod
Level Contributor
186 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

First off are these two places next to each other? Can you be a guest at one and use the other?

I will be down there this summer with two 16 year old girls and they love water (swimming, lazy rivers, water slides, etc.) and biking, hanging out, etc.

Which resort is better for 2 teens?

Thanks!

Susan

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

No they aren't next to each other, it is probably about 10 miles apart, different locations.

I would give the edge to Hyatt Hill Country to meet your criteria for your teens, the lazy river is very nice there, it is closer to the Hill Country & the view is spectacular & so are the amenities. The service is superior there, & it is truly a great experience & has what the girls are looking for & you can take a great walk around the area. You can check it out on this website, just go to SA hotels deals on the side & click on it, to see if it meets your & the girls criteria. Have a great time in whichever you decide on.

When you get back please write a TR, & lets us know what were the likes & dislikes of the place that you choose & others can see. Have a great time in SA.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

I would agree that Hyatt gives you what you are looking for. But if you are also going to Fiesta Texas, I would also look that the Westin.

Houston
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

What's the difference between the two? It looks like one is for members? Does this mean timeshare vultures when you book?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

Never been to Wild Oak but from the description on the web site sounds very similar to Hill Country (golf, lazy river, pool, etc.) The difference is that Wild Oak has condos with full kitchens.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

Yes, they are right next to each other. Hyatt Hill Country is a resort hotel. Hyatt Wild Oak, adjacent property, is a time share, not part of Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, but Hyatt Vacation Club...same parent company, but different divisions and different operations.

I would go with Hyatt Hill Country. They have no water slides, but do have the rest of what you are looking for.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

I had a wonderful vacation at the Hyatt Wild Oak Resort last year. In return for sitting through their timeshare presentation, I received two nights wonderful suite accommodations, plus $150 in gift certificates, which I used at the Wildflower Resort at their sister property, Hyatt Hill Country Resort, which was about a 5-minute drive away. The presentation was very low pressure -- I simply told them I did not think it made financial sense to me. They have lovely accommodations, a nice media & rec center, nice pool (both indoor & outdoors), and a lazy river. They showed a movied in the media center, and made s'mores in the outdoor area. I was free to use the amenities, i.e. pool, lazy river, restaurants, etc. at Hyatt Hill Country. If I had an unlimited budget, I would definitely stay at Hyatt Hill Country. For the more adventuresome, the time-share deal at Wild Oak was an excellent deal, in my opinion.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

mjballet, thanks so much for the info. & sharing your experience at Hyatt Wild Oak. I'm sure it will help others in their decision.

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

I have stayed at both properties and they are equally wonderful. Hill Country is more of a hotel with all of the wonderful accomodations - the Wild Oak is more condos, which are spacious and comfortable for families The properties are very close and you can bounce back and forth between the two. We have 2 children and found the Wild Oak to suit our sleep needs better. However, we found the Hill Country suited our play needs better...all in all, you can't go wrong with either! We are actually staying at the both places again next month!

Take care & hope this helps!

Wendy

9. Re: Hyatt Hill Country vs. Wild Oak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 22:17