We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

madina10
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

Can you please recommend a decent hotel near the Texsan Heart Center that I can stay in while my Mom has surgery next week?

Many thanks. I just don't know that area at all and it looks like it's in a confusing area where alot of roads intersect.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

I Believe Texas Heart Center is just south of that confusing area where a lot of roads intersect (that's I-10 and I-410 interchange and it is ALMOST completed.)

I believe there is a new Quality Inn across the highway.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

There is a Springhill Suites at Crossroads Mall just around the corner (about a half mile or so) from Texsan. You can actually take the access road from the hotel directly to the Texsan Heart Center without having to get on the highway. Plus, there is a Super Target and numerous restaurants and other retail stores right next to the Springhill Suites, which will make it very convenient for purchasing any supplies you may need.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

The Omni is another good choice...It has most amenities,including a fitness center,indoor/outdoor pools,and an onsite massage area to soothe away your stress.....Good luck to your Mom's.......

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

Hotels Near the TexSAn Heart Center

Residence Inn 4041 Bluemel Rd

Drury Inn & Suites 9806 Interstate HWY 10W they have free breakfast, & evening snacks at the Drury

SpringHill Suites

3636 NW Loop 410

These are nearby or right across the street. I hope this helps you out. I hope everything goes ok with your mom, my prayers are with you.

madina10
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

Thank you to everyone who replied. I did stay at the Spring Hill Suites and they had a $85 rate for people related to the TexSan Heart Hospital which was a very good value for the quality of a double suite.

I agree with the poster who noted that an advantage of this hotel is that you do not have to go back onto the highways to go between the hotel and the hospital and the Super Target is very convenient. I couldn't find a florist so I got a vase and flowers there- easy and another good value.

My Mom's procedure went well but she's still not up to snuff- the pacemaker probably needs tweeking.

Many thanks again!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

madina41 thanks for your reply, & it is nice to know that the Spring Hill gives you a discount. Glad to hear that your mom surgery went well & I hope they'll be able to get the tweak out soon so your mother can feel better & a quick recovery.

Thanks again for posting a TR & letting others know what you learn.

7. Re: Hotel near Texsan Heart Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 20:16